The National Center for Victims of Crime sponsors a website that provides valuable information and assistance for crime victims. It is called VictimLaw and is accessed at www.victimlaw.info. VictimLaw is a unique and groundbreaking resource offering a comprehensive, searchable, online database of more than 16,000 victims’ rights-related legal provisions, including:
- Federal and state victims’ rights statutes,
- Constitutional amendments;
- Court rules;
- Administrative code provisions;
- Case summaries of related court decisions, and
- Summarized attorney general opinions.
This user-friendly tool, available free of charge, provides instant access to a wide range of regularly updated legal information, making it easier than ever to research victims’ rights issues.
- Unlimited searching is allowed even without registration. The benefits of registration include your ability to save your searches, and there are regular updates on the status of VicimLaw’s collection.
- Their “Contact Us” page provides a lot of useful information at http://www.ovc.gov/contacts.htm.
- Two other tabs are helpful” “Crime Victims’ Rights” and “Public Awareness.”
- Their Training and Technical Assistance Opportunities can be found at http://www.ovc.gov/training/index.htm.
- They also provide a downloadable tutorial that explains how to use VictimLaw.
I highly recommend that you check out this website. It may help you find information you have not been able to find anywhere else.