You have a voice and it deserves to be heard!
Disclosing experiences of childhood physical and sexual abuse can sometimes feel overwhelming and frightening; however, one way to bring awareness to the experiences of men is to provide a safe environment to share histories of abuse. This study aims to provide a safe platform for you to share your experiences. No identifying information is needed.
Are you a male 18 or older who has experience physical or sexual abuse prior to the age of 18? If so, you are invited to take part in a research study on how childhood abuse affects adult attachment and relationship satisfaction among men.
Substantial amounts of research has been dedicated to uncovering the effects of reported childhood abuse on the attachment style and relationship satisfaction among women; however, not much research has looked at the male population exclusively. Wouldn’t it be useful to gain some level of understanding of how childhood abuse may influence relationships and styles of attachment among men too?
- Volunteers are sought for participation in a doctoral research study. The study will investigate/examine the relationship between childhood physical and sexual abuse and relationship satisfaction and adult attachment. Specifically, this research looks to find how the effects of childhood abuse impacts relationship satisfaction and adult attachment style.
- If you are an adult male who has experienced physical and/or sexual abuse before the age of 18, and if you are interested in being a part of this study, please visit the following link to complete the Consent Form, demographic survey, Couples Satisfaction Index (CSI-16), and the Relationship Scales Questionnaire (RSQ). The total time to complete these questionnaires should be approximately 20-25 minutes.
- All information will be held in strict confidentiality.
- This research asks for no personal identifying information.
- This study is only available in English.
To participate in this study, please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MCSPY6N
Your participation is greatly appreciated and results will be shared with MaleSurvivor Organization!